Frequently Asked Questions
Our FAQs should have the answers to most if not all questions you may have.
Simply select the right category and we’ll present you with the FAQs for that selection.
3. ELIGIBILITY FOR 1st TIME CENTRAL HEATING
To qualify for FREE Central Heating from the Warm Homes Hub you must meet the following criteria
1. You are a homeowner, rent from a private landlord or rent from a social landlord* AND
2. Your home does not have, and never has had a central heating system (For example, if you have a solid fuel fire, electric storage heater, electric panel heaters, gas room heaters or a gas fire you may qualify as they do not count as central heating systems.) AND
3. You are in receipt of certain benefits OR you are on a low income. (For a full list of qualifying benefits and the income table, call us on 0115 985 3000)
You can check if you qualify by calling** 0115 985 3000 or applying online.
* If you are a renting from a social landlord, your property must have an EPC of E, F or G in order for you to qualify. Check the EPC or your property here.
**Before you call, please make sure you have the relevant information to hand.
E.ON are the Warm Homes Hub delivery partner and will be installing your new central heating. You do not have to be an E.ON customer to apply, nor will you have to become and E.ON customer when you have received your heating upgrade. E.ON will also support you to connect you to the gas network if your property requires this.
If you own your home or you are privately renting, you may be eligible if you are on a low income or in receipt of certain welfare benefits.
If you are a social tenant, you may be eligible if you are on a low income or in recepit of certain welfare benefits AND if your home has an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of E, F or G. Click on the EPC Register to check your EPC.
Yes, you can apply if you are a private landlord. You can call the Hub on the dedicated line 0115 985 3000, or we can make the referral for you. The install will not be able to take place without your permission, but we will need to speak with your tenants to ensure they meet eligibility criteria.
Neither you or your tenant need to be an E.ON customer to apply for this offer.
Yes, you can apply if your home has an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of E, F or G and your home does not have central heating or is heated by solid fuel fire, electric storage heater, electric panel heaters, gas room heaters or a gas fire. Click on the EPC Register to check your EPC.
Can’t find the answer?
You can send us a message using our online contact form or give us a call.
0115 985 3000
Lines are open Mondays to Fridays between 9:00am and 5:30pm.